A handpicked selection of 4 Artisan and Farmhouse cheeses with descriptions and a box of crackers.
When placing a gift order, enter the recipient’s details in the delivery address section and include any message you would like to send.
If you would like this cheese selection to be a gift, please tick the add Gift Box. An additional charge of £3.95 will be added to the initial cheese selection cost.
Our monthly selection is ready in the first full week of each month.
Each selection can be picked up in the shop or next day chilled delivery is available throughout the UK.
Our Cheese Selection is packaged in our white boxes for delivery with paper straw for protection and frozen ice-gel packs to preserve the cheeses temperatures.
CHEESE SELECTION – NOVEMBER 2019
- MRS APPLEBYS CHESHIRE - ENGLAND – COW’S MILK – PASTEURISED - VEGETARIAN. A traditional cloth bound Cheshire farmhouse cheese, made by the Appleby farm since 1952. Appleby's Cheshire cheese is a unique, complex Cheshire, with a crumbly texture and a zesty, full-bodied and tangy flavour. Cheshire is in fact Britain’s oldest cheese, having been made since before Roman times. For hundreds of years, Cheshire cheese was more famous than Cheddar cheese, but more recently it has fallen from grace, and today only the Appleby family make traditional, farmhouse, raw milk, cloth-bound Cheshire cheese, using milk from their own herd of cows. This Cheshire is a cheese with a balance of rich, mineral flavours, juicy acidity and a sumptuous yet crumbly texture. Clean and zesty on the tongue followed by a rich mouthwatering finish.
- MACHECOULAIS - FRANCE – COW’S MILK - UNPASTEURISED. The Vendeen marshes are a unique site with specific riche grasses and flora. The farm from which this Machecoulais cheese comes from is situated in this area. It is a region of natural beauty. The cheese with its savoury well balance taste, simple and direct, is a wonderful testimony to the lands the cows feed off. The perfect partner is a loaf of country bread with a heavy crust. Its rind is orange and its pate is white ivory.
- SALVA DOP AFFINATO VINO - ITALY – COWS MILK – UNPASTEURISED. Salva DOP Affinato Vino is an Italian cheese made from cow’s milk from Lombardy. A cheese awarded DOP is most special as it means Protected Designation of Origin and can guarantee that the milk of the cheese and production are from Lombardy. Ripened for 2 months, it is then rubbed with wine. The cheese is then matured for another eight months to give it an aromatic taste, intense with fruity notes. This is a hard, slightly waxy cheese with a grapey aroma with a lasting aftertaste.
- PERL LAS - WALES – COW’S MILK - PASTEURISED – VEGETARIAN. Perl Las, meaning ‘Blue Pearl’ in Welsh, is a superb blue cheese made by Carwyn Adams and family at Caws Cenarth in Carmarthenshire. This deliciously golden and veiny cheese has become one of the most famous and highly regarded cheeses in Wales over recent years. Per Las is unlike any other blue cheese, strong but delicate, creamy with lovely lingering blue overtones. All Per Las is handmade and rather than dipped in brine like many other cheeses, Per Las has local sea salt rubbed on the rind which gives it a subtler saltiness than you many find with blue cheese in general. Best Blue & Home International Winner International Cheese Awards Nantwich.
- MILLER’S ELEMENTS – WATER CRACKERS. Just flour and water, no salt, no anything. Flame-baked in a flash, for a toasty finish. A versatile cracker with universal appeal and endless opportunities. Makes a crisp and neutral partner for all of our cheese. Made with 100% unbleached stoneground wholemeal flour, created with honest values, and an emphasis on the simplicity and goodness of natural ingredients.